Brooklyn Family Lawyer
A Brooklyn Family Lawyer from our office has prepared the following summary to better help you understand the Family Law and the Family Court system. In our outline you will find general background of the different types of Family Law cases the Brooklyn Family Court presides over, and the Court representatives who will oversee the Family Cases. After reading our essay, if you still have unresolved questions call us and speak to a Brooklyn Family Lawyer from our office for a free consultation.
Each Brooklyn Family Lawyer from Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC is a skilled and experienced Family Attorney and has practiced within the Brooklyn Family Court. The Brooklyn Family Court complex opened in 2005 as the largest courthouse in New York State. The 32-story building is located on Jay Street south of Johnson Street in Downtown Brooklyn. The address is 330 Jay Street, Brooklyn, NY 11201. The phone number of the Family Court is (347) 401-9600. The Brooklyn Family Courthouse hears child support, child custody, guardianship, visitation, paternity, Family Offense (order of protection), juvenile criminal matters and abuse and neglect petitions.
If your goal is divorce our, each Brooklyn Family Lawyer in our office is both capable and aggressive in handling these matters however, the Brooklyn Family Court does not have jurisdiction over Divorce cases. The proper venue for a Divorce in Brooklyn is the Supreme Court located a few blocks away.
There are specific professionals that preside over the various Brooklyn family cases they include: Judges, Support Magistrates, Referees and Judicial Hearing Officers (JHO's)
Here is a brief list of the types of cases over which each presides.
• The Support Magistrate, as the name implies, hears child support cases. • Family Court Judges will hear Orders of Protection cases, Child Custody and Visitation cases, Abuse and Neglect cases and any other case that can may involve detention or incarceration of a party. • In New York state Referees and Judicial Hearing Officers (JHO's) can be appointed to hear Custody and Visitation cases as well.
Our Brooklyn Family Lawyers always endeavor to try and resolve family cases without going to Court. However, in many instances it is not possible. That is why it is so important to have an aggressive Brooklyn Family Lawyer representing your interests. Call our office today and speak with a Family Attorney from our office free or charge. We offer a free consultation in order for you to better understand your legal rights. At Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC our Family Attorneys stand by our clients. So take advantage of the free call at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW (1.800.696.9529). We have locations conveniently situated throughout New York City including Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens, and on Long Island in both Nassau County and Suffolk County. We are here to assist with in your family case whether it’s Paternity, Visitation, Child Support, an Order of Protection, Child Custody case or you need someone to advocate for your fathers rights or grandparents rights.
- Brooklyn Abuse & Neglect Lawyer
- Brooklyn Child Support Lawyer
- Brooklyn Custody Lawyer
- Brooklyn Divorce Lawyer
- Brooklyn Father's Rights Lawyer
- Brooklyn Grandparent's Rights Lawyer
- Brooklyn Guardianship Law Lawyer
- Brooklyn Joint Custody Lawyer
- Brooklyn Order of Protection Lawyer
- Brooklyn Paternity Lawyer
- Brooklyn Relocation Lawyer
- Brooklyn Spousal Support Lawyer
- Brooklyn Visitation Lawyer
- Brooklyn High Asset Divorce Lawyer