Staten Island Family Lawyer
You can find a Staten Island Family Lawyer from Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC who is both experienced and skilled ready to represent you. And to that end, one of our Staten Island family lawyers has written some essential background for you so you might better understand the workings of Family Law and the Richmond County Courthouse. First, the Court’s proper name is Richmond County family Court. To the rest of the world it’s the Staten Island Family Court. The address for the (Richmond County) Staten Island Family Court is 100 Richmond Terrace, Staten Island, NY 10301. The phone number for the Family Court: (718) 675-8800. Their hours of operation are Mondays 9:00 am to 7:00 pm and Tuesdays thru Fridays from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (doors open daily at 8:00am). As in the other New York City boroughs, the Staten Island Family Courthouse hears cases concerning Child Support, Child Custody, cases to settle Visitation issues, Paternity questions, Guardianship, and Family Offense (order of protection) cases, along with Abuse and Neglect petitions.
At the Staten Island Family Courthouse, the supervising judge is the Honorable Paula Hepner. The Staten Island Family Courthouse deals with cases if they involve Child Custody and Visitation, Paternity, Spousal and Child Support, Abuse and Neglect, Orders of Protection, and also any cases of juvenile crime. You should know that the single issue the Staten Island Family Court doesn’t handle is Divorce. If you need a Divorce in Staten Island, you will need to bring your case in front of the Supreme Court.
Judges, along with Support Magistrates, Referees and Judicial Hearing Officers (also known as JHOs) are examples of the professionals who may be presiding over your Staten Island Family Law case. A person in any of these roles can possibly also be a Staten Island Family Lawyer.
A Staten Island Family Lawyer describes the varying responsibilities of each of these involved parties below, for your reference:
- The Support Magistrate hears cases concerning Child Support.
- Judges hear Orders of Protection, Abuse and Neglect cases, and additionally any other Family Law case that might possibly result in the subject individual facing incarceration.
- Judges will hear Custody and Visitation cases; a Referee or a Judicial Hearing Officer (JHO) can also hear these cases.
Your Staten Island Family Court Lawyer will perhaps meet with you and the other individuals connected with your Family Law case in order to discuss if it’s possible to reach resolution before ever appearing before the court. Consider the example of a Child support case, in which you are the respondent and your Staten Island Family Lawyer speaks with the petitioner’s Staten Island Family Lawyer in an attempt to reach a settlement between the parties, and in so doing possibly avoids the need to go to Court.
Call a Staten Island Family Lawyer at Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC—call us at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW (1.800.696.9529). We can aid you with your Child Support case, with any Child Custody case, with your Visitation issue, with Orders of Protection, additionally with a Child Abuse and Neglect case, with Paternity issues. We represent both grandparents rights and fathers rights cases as well. We deal with all types of Family Law cases and have convenient locations in New York City and on Long Island. Call now: 1.800.NY.NY.LAW (1.800.696.9529)
- Staten Island Abuse & Neglect Lawyer
- Staten Island Child Support Lawyer
- Staten Island Custody Lawyer
- Staten Island Divorce Lawyer
- Staten Island Father's Rights Lawyer
- Staten Island Grandparent's Rights Lawyer
- Staten Island Guardianship Law Lawyer
- Staten Island Joint Custody Lawyer
- Staten Island Order of Protection Lawyer
- Staten Island Paternity Lawyer
- Staten Island Relocation Lawyer
- Staten Island Spousal Support Lawyer
- Staten Island Visitation Lawyer