Bronx Family Lawyer
Each Bronx Family Lawyer from Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC works aggressively to help our clients with their family law cases. As a result of our desire to do our best to help others, a Bronx family Lawyer from our Law Firm has prepared the following overview of the Family Law and the Court system. We have outlined the different types of Family Law cases over which the Bronx Family Court presides, the people who oversee the Court and the location of the Bronx Family Courthouse.
The address of the Bronx Family Court is 900 Sheridan Avenue, Bronx, NY 10451. The phone number of the Bronx Family Court is (718) 618-2098. The Bronx Family Courthouse hears Child Support cases (including termination of a Child Support order), cases of Child Custody issues and Visitation (including Grandparents rights), Paternity cases including challenging paternity orders, Guardianship, Family Offense (Order of Protection), as well as neglect cases and abuse cases. The Court also hears cases regarding crime involving children and their criminal issues. A Bronx Family Lawyer from our office will counsel you that the only issue the Bronx Family Courthouse does not cover is Divorce. In order to receive a Divorce in the Bronx, the case has to be filed in the Matrimonial Part of the Supreme Court.
Judges, Support Magistrates, and Referees as well as Judicial Hearing Officers (JHOs) are examples of professionals who may be presiding over your Bronx Family Law case. A Judge can be a Bronx Family Lawyer, and the people in the other roles—the Support Magistrates and the Court Attorney, along with the Referees and the JHO (Judicial Hearing Officers)—are also Bronx Family Lawyers.
As mentioned above, a Bronx Family Lawyer from our firm has detailed the different responsibilities of the involved legal professionals:
- The Support Magistrate: This individual will preside over Child Support cases.
- Judges: They will hear cases concerning Orders of Protection, and they can preside over Abuse and Neglect cases as well. A Family Court Judge shall hear any case potentially involving incarceration.
- Judges, Referees, and JHOs (Judicial Hearing Officers): These individuals will be the ones who preside over Custody and Visitation cases.
Your Bronx Family Lawyer will sometimes meet with you and the other individuals involved with the case to discuss the possibility of a resolution being reached prior to going to court. As an example, with a custody case, a Court Lawyer may speak with the Law Guardian, respondent’s and petitioner’s Bronx Family Lawyers as part of an overall attempt to negotiate a settlement and ultimately resolving the case pre trial. In Custody cases, there is also a Law Guardian appointed as legal counsel for the child/children who takes part in all aspects of the case.
A Bronx Family Lawyer from the Law Offices of Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC is standing ready to help you with your family matter and offer you a free consultation. Please call us at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW (1.800.696.9529) for your free case evaluation. We can assist you with your asserting your fathers rights, mothers rights or grandparents rights in all the different types of family Court cases including a Child Support case or Child Custody case, with your Visitation case, with handling an Order of Protection, or with your Abuse and Neglect case, as well as with a Paternity case or one involving the Emancipation of a child. Moreover we have conveniently located offices throughout NYC and Long Island. Whether we meet you in the Bronx, Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island, Nassau County or Suffolk County you are eligible for the Free Consultation call us at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW (1.800.696.9529) now!
- Bronx Abuse & Neglect Lawyer
- Bronx Child Support Lawyer
- Bronx Child Custody Lawyer
- Bronx Divorce Lawyer
- Bronx Father's Rights Lawyer
- Bronx Grandparent's Rights Lawyer
- Bronx Guardianship Law Lawyer
- Bronx Joint Custody Lawyer
- Bronx Order of Protection Lawyer
- Bronx Paternity Lawyer
- Bronx Relocation Lawyer
- Bronx Spousal Support Lawyer
- Bronx Visitation Lawyer
- Bronx High-Asset Divorce Lawyer
- Bronx Emancipation of Minors Lawyer
- Bronx Child Relocation Lawyer
- Bronx Adoption Lawyer
- Bronx Permanent Alimony Lawyer
- Bronx Postnuptial Agreements Lawyer
- Bronx Stepparent Adoption Lawyer
- Bronx Temporary Alimony Lawyer
- Bronx Child Visitation Lawyer
- Bronx Grandparent Custody Lawyer
- Bronx Foreign Adoption Lawyer
- Bronx Move Away Custody Lawyer
- Bronx Rehabilitative Alimony
- Bronx Alimony Modification Lawyer
- Bronx Alimony Lawyer
- Bronx Durational Alimony Lawyer
- Bronx Contested Divorce Lawyer
- Bronx Child Visitation Modification Lawyer
- Bronx Child Custody Modification Lawyer
- Bronx Collaborative Divorce
- Bronx Separation Lawyer
- Bronx Spousal Maintenance Lawyer
- Bronx Spousal Support Modification Lawyer
- Bronx Annulment Lawyer
- Bronx Uncontested Divorce Lawyer