Manhattan Family Lawyer
The Manhattan Family Court is located in downtown Manhattan at 60 Lafayette Street, New York, New York, 10013. Our Manhattan Family Lawyer Group at Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC has created the following Manhattan Family Court system overview in an effort to help you understand family law and how the court operates. Our Manhattan Family Lawyer team has outlined below the various types of family cases the Manhattan Court handles. Additionally, we will detail the Court official’s roles including their responsibilities in overseeing the Court. We understand that having a Manhattan Family Lawyer who is knowledgeable and experienced is key when litigating in family court. That is why we offer a free consultation with one of our Manhattan Family Lawyers. We will share with you some of our insight into Family law and the Court system. So call us at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW (1.800.696.9529)
The Manhattan Family Court houses cases involving Paternity, Child Custody and Visitation, Violation Petitions, Spousal Support (commonly known as alimony) (including enforcement), Child Support (downward and upward modifications), Order of Protection cases, Juvenile Criminal matters, Guardianship and cases of Abuse and Neglect, While we have Manhattan Family Lawyers who handle divorce the Manhattan Family Court is no empowered to hear Divorce cases. In Manhattan, to be granted a Divorce, the case will have to be handled by the Supreme Court which is located across the street.
Judges, Referees, Support Magistrates, and on occasion Judicial Hearing Officers (or JHOs) are examples of the different kinds of professionals who maybe charged with presiding over the various Family Law cases heard in the Manhattan Family Court. Here is a look at the responsibilities of these different officials that hear cases:
• The Support Magistrate can hear Paternity and child support cases. • A Judge, or a Referee, or a Judicial Hearing Officer presides over Custody and/or Visitation cases. • Judges hear cases that may include Family offense petitions (Order of Protection), cases regarding Child Abuse and Neglect, and/or those that can result in the incarceration of an individual.
Whether you’re in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island or on Long Island in either Nassau County or Suffolk County, we offer a free consultation with a Manhattan Family Lawyer from our Law Office. Simply, call us for help at 1.800.NY.NY.LAW (1.800.696.9529) or email us. We understand cases that involve both fathers rights and grandparents rights. Further, we can help you with your Child Support case including increasing or decreasing a prior order, obtaining initial or changing Child Custody, a case to settle Visitation, alleged Abuse and Neglect cases, to obtain or defend an Order of Protection, Paternity cases, and children’s criminal cases. Contact us as soon as you can!
- Manhattan Abuse & Neglect Lawyer
- Manhattan Child Support Lawyer
- Manhattan Custody Lawyer
- Manhattan Divorce Lawyer
- Manhattan Father's Rights Lawyer
- Manhattan Grandparent's Rights Lawyer
- Manhattan Guardianship Law Lawyer
- Manhattan Joint Custody Lawyer
- Manhattan Order of Protection Lawyer
- Manhattan Paternity Lawyer
- Manhattan Relocation Lawyer
- Manhattan Spousal Support Lawyer
- Manhattan Visitation Lawyer