Stephen Bilkis
Real Solutions for Real Problems 800.696.9529 Request A Free Consultation

Nassau County Grandparent's Rights

All across Nassau County, whether you talk to a Nassau County Family Lawyer or a Nassau County Divorce Lawyer, whenever a married couple legally separates, breaks up, or divorces, the impact reaches farther than the two involved, altering the lives of other family members. Commonly, the children become the object of Child Support, Visitation, or Child Custody, both Full Custody and Joint Custody issues. Likewise, the lives of the grandparents are modified by the changed family conditions. A Nassau County Grandparents Rights Lawyer is cognizant of how much influence grandparents give to a child—and how the children can so considerably enrich your life. At Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC, a Nassau County Grandparents Rights Lawyer offers free advice to grandparents wanting to safeguard their relationship with the children and protect their liberties as the grandparent.

The rights of grandparents are limited; therefore it can be difficult to obtain guardianship or visitation for grandparents. Our Nassau County Family Lawyer Attorneys regard the distinct variances between cases involving Grandparents and cases for Moms and Dads. The provisions for grandparents to receive custody and visitation of the grandchildren according to New York law are not exuberant, but are burdensome to interpret. However, the law does grant grandparents permission to visit the kids in cases where at least one of the parents has passed away. Similar to other states, the visitation must be affirmed to be advantageous to the grandchild. This element is primary—as a whole, Nassau County Family Courts are willing to grant access to grandchildren once the visitation is determined to be to their benefit.

There are several options available to grandparents, and a seasoned Nassau County Grandparents Rights Lawyer is prepared to aid you in getting approval for authorized visit. Likewise, we can assist you in pleading for permanent guardianship and custody if one (or both) of the parents have expired. Our lawyers represent clients who may be requesting custody or guardianship when the parent(s) of the child are found incapable of proper care.

This is why you should be advised of all your choices regarding full involvement in your grandchild’s life. Call an attorney at Stephen Bilkis & Associates, PLLC today. We will evaluate all recourse available to you. With an extensive background in Family Law suits such as Paternity and Child Custody to Divorce to Child Support, our organization can help you reach the best individual settlement for your family and it’s personal needs. You can have a free consultation with one a Nassau County Family Lawyer, please call 800.696.9529 to book an appointment in at any one of many offices. You will stumble upon us in any of the NY City boroughs—Brooklyn (Kings County), in Staten Island, up in the Bronx, in Queens, and Manhattan. And for our rural clients, we can serve you in Suffolk County, in Westchester County, or—if you wish—Long Island. Please do not hesitate to call today to explore your Family Law matter.

Client Reviews
My ex-husband hadn't paid child support or the mortgage on the house as he was supposed to. Stephen Bilkis and his team of lawyers were amazing. They stopped the foreclosure on the house, Got a judgment against him and most importantly kept me and my children in the house. Can't say enough good things about him in the firm their compassion hard work and dedication were exceptional. I.G.